WordPress is best because it has created both the needs and the solution to the website customization problem. A thriving community of programmers has emerged, resulting in a diversity of plugins and themes that can make any website be a success.
In Professional WordPress theme is a collection of templates and stylesheets used to define the appearance and display of a WordPress powered website.
Simple and easy steps to make a website;
1) Right platform
Content management system (CMS) in simple terms, is a platform of sorts or a mechanism which permits you to create your content and publish it on a website.
WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. The ideal option for someone who’s creating his or her first website. It has considerable scalability and works well with low and medium traffic websites. Millions of views every month are received by us and we run WordPress, so that gives you an idea of what medium traffic constitutes if you were wondering.
WordPress is the best choice as it offers excellent customizability even to WordPress newbies.
WordPress is the best because of;
- Open source
- Easy and simple
- Multi Support
- SEO friendly
- Free themes and plugins
Once you choose the best platform you can proceed with
2) Domain name
The next step in our process involves choosing a domain name. A domain is your address. It’s how people on the internet will find you. A domain name is used for finding and identifying computers on the Internet. The domain name can be any combination of letters and numbers, and it can be used in combination of the various domain name extensions, such as .com, .net and more. the domain names hide the really technical IP address which most viewers aren’t interested in.
Getting the right domain name is very important. Things to keep in mind before choosing a domain name :
3) Finding a Host
Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page on the Internet. Websites are hosted or stored, on special computers called servers. When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. User computer will then connect to your server and your web pages will be delivered to them through the browser.
The technologies and services needed for the website or web page to be viewed on the Internet are provided by the web hosting service providers.
Types of hosting
Free web hosting
Email services – Free web hosting provider provides you with email services – so that you can setup @yourdomain.com email accounts. The email service should also include POP3 and SMTP access so you can setup and access your @yourdomain.com emails using your mobile devices.
Provides free website creating application where you can create your website simply by choosing a template and adding in your own text and images.
Free storage space allocated to store your website files, including text, images, audio, etc.
It allows multiple websites to utilize a single server. Usually, you’ll have no idea who or what websites you’re sharing the resources of a server with.
Advantages of shared hosting :
- Cheapest hosting option you’re going to have available.
- You can upgrade your hosting package with time. This makes shared hosting a great place to
- Easy to manage your site.
- No technical maintenance
A dedicated server is typically a rented service in web hosting business. The user rents the server, software and an Internet connection from the Web host. It provides a stated amount of memory, hard disk space, and bandwidth. Use of a dedicated server on the premises of web hosting companies saves router, Internet connection, security system, and network administration costs.
We have everything needed to create WordPress website. We have domain name and active hosting account. The next step is to install WordPress to create business WordPress website.
Search for WordPress and click Install button.
Once installed it asks you to add Username and Password.
Use easy to use and hard to crack credential. Please make a note if you find it difficult to remember. We will need to login to WordPress admin area .
Change Title, Tag line & Modify general settings
- Login to your WordPress admin (YourDomain/wp-admin)
- Click Settings from left navigation panel
- On right section you will see a page where you can edit the information.
- Site Title: Add the text that describe what your site is about.
- Tagline: Short online statement about your business.
- Membership: Uncheck the box. You wouldn’t need any visitor to register on your website.
- Date Format: Choose your preferred date format. WordPress will use this format to show you date in various places.
- Time Zone: Choose your preferred time zone.
Steps to find best free WordPress themes
- Login to your WordPress admin area
- Click Appearance from left navigation menu.
- Click Themes from Appearance menu.
- Click Add Themes on the page.
- Now click on the popular tab.
- You will see a long list of popular themes. You see the theme preview as an image on list.
- Surf through the list of themes. Install a theme you like the most.
- After installing the theme, you will see an Activate button. Press the activate button. Activate theme to use it.
- Install all plugins suggested by theme.
The content is the most important part of your website. Content is independent of a theme. Many WordPress users have existing content, and installing a theme that creates additional content is very undesirable. you need to produce content that genuinely offers value to would be readers. If you are creating your site purely for monetary purposes, it will be unsuccessful in the long run.
There is an art to writing great content, organizing your pages and using great images. Deficient content and images will make the difference between an amateur site and a professional one.