Site moved; lost theme options

Home Support Themes Forum Site moved; lost theme options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne
    Participant

I’m working on a site for a client who is using Precious Pro. We were moving the site from a subdomain up a level and copied the full folder. We updated the databases to reflect the new url. However, all of theme options, including the slide settings, reverted back to the default settings? We made no changes other than moving the full folder and updating the URL. Can you advise as to how to get the options and slide settings back to the customized version?

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Have you click on the restore default button ? If so the setting will comes default.
    Please check again the database if the theme options values are stored properly.

Thank You

Yvonne
    Participant

No, we didn’t click on the restore default button. All we did was move the folder. Can you tell me which database the theme options values are stored within?

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

In the first time when you create the database in cpanel >> mysql >> Here you can click on the database which you are using for old site and click on the export button at the top and then go to new database and export the old file here and replace the site url from old to new.

https://flythemes.net/wordpress/how-to-update-database-url-by-using-sql-query-in-phpmyadmin/

Thank You

Yvonne
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. The database was correct; I’m not sure why it wasn’t working. I copied the values and reset it and then it worked. Problem resolved.

Thanks.

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Excellent 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.