Remove Placeholder Text in Footer col 3

Home Support Themes Forum Remove Placeholder Text in Footer col 3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In footer column 3, under Contact Us, I can’t find a way to get rid of the placeholder text at the top,”Praesent molestie metus sit amet massa pulvinar,”. I put in all the contact information in the customization section, Header & Footer Contact. I also cannot remove the text, Fax:”. We don’t need that. Can you point me in the right direction?

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

For the third column in footer you can user footer column 3 widget so when you will use the widget it will disappear automatically and it shows the widget content. For more info mail us at: support@flythemes.net

Thank You

Lorie
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. I don’t mind the widget ‘as is’, I just want to remove the stock text. When I click the Footer Widget 3 item in Customizer, the only thing there is Add a Widget. The choices then are: Archive, Calendar, Categories, Custom Menu, Meta, Pages, Recent Comments, Recent Posts, RSS, Search, Tag Cloud, Text, and WP Google Maps. So I thought MAYBE you meant a Pllugin called Footer 3 needed to be installed THEN selected, but no such Plugin was found (footer3 OR footer 3). A little more help please?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lorie, I think what I ended up doing was going into the Widgets area under Appearance and putting the Text Widget into the Footer Widget and filling that out. For some reason filling it out through the Theme Customizer didn’t get rid of the stock text.

Hope this helps!

Lorie
    Participant

I ended up trying that too but like theirs better. They address this (I just noticed) in their support documentation. You have to edit the footer.php file that came with the *.zip file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.