Precious Lite Pro – Section Our Blog – latest post from each category

Home Support Themes Forum Precious Lite Pro – Section Our Blog – latest post from each category

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    Precious Lite Pro – Is possible on the main page in: Theme Options>Section>Our Blog, will be displayed latest post from each category instead of last three posts?
    How to do this?

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

You need the blog posts displayed in the front page instead of sections right ?

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please see the attached picture:

PreciousLitePro

Instead of those three latest posts, I would like to display latest post from each category. I have got just three categories (linked with main menu) on my website.
    Please see the attached picture

PreciousLitePro1

Thank You

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Ok, so you mean you need three categories sections which display the particular categories post right ?

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

For this we need to make customizations in the files.

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

I assume it’s not possible to accomplish what I’m interested in doing (which is similar to what was originally asked on this thread), but I would like to know if there was any way in which to feature the “top posts” on my front page instead of the “latest posts.” I’m not looking to have them come from any specific category. I just want to be able to have the blog section on the homepage feature the most visited posts. I have this option as a widget on the pages and posts for my blog, but I’d like to feature the most viewed/top posts on the front page.

Is there by chance a different section ID for this function or does the option not exist?

Thanks.

Jared Manninen

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

The blog can display only the latest post in the blog section. For displaying the most viewd post we need to check the backend for any possibility. Please email to support@flythemes.net with your site URL and the login details.

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Yesterday, after contacting you, I decided to play around with the homepage sections. I decided that I’m first going to experiment with a couple of workarounds regarding displaying various blog posts on the homepage. I like the idea of displaying the most visited posts (instead of the latest), but I’m not 100% sure that’s the route I want to take yet. If I do decide to look further into it, I’ll get back in touch.

A slightly different question I have along these same lines, however … is there a list of Section IDs and Section CSS Classes that I can reference for use with the Theme Options > Sections aspect of the theme?

There’s a list of all the short codes in the Theme Options, but I’d like to know more about how I can manipulate the sections more easily. I’m not a programmer and I don’t know if these are standardized IDs that everyone knows about (but me). Currently, I copy and paste the Section ID/Section CSS Class (as they came packaged in the theme) in different sections to “move” those sections around. The problem with this method is that if I end up changing a section, and I don’t record somewhere else what I did, I don’t have its previous Section ID or Section CSS Class to use again. For example, if I don’t make a note of those unused/altered Section IDs/Section CSS Classes elsewhere I won’t remember the specific terms to put to assign the section to that former class (if I want to use them again). Is there a list in the documentation for the theme that I’m just not finding? Or, is there somewhere online that you could direct me to that would have all of the Section IDs/Section CSS Classes that are relevant to the Sections of Precious Lite Pro?

Thank you again for your help!

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Please email us so we can send you a note of section ID and classes.

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll email you in just a minute. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Flythemes,

I’m having another issue with the blog section of the homepage of my site. I was updating the publishing dates of some of my blogs so that they would appear as the first three posts (on the homepage blog section). But now I only can get the most recent article to appear. I did a quick inspection of the element and it seems like some of the html is missing to show the subsequent (articles published prior to the last one).

Any ideas? I was hoping things would clear up once I emptied my history/cache, but it’s just showing the one article still.

https://tahoetrailguide.com/

thanks,
    Jared

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nevermind. I got everything sorted out regarding the our-blog section (homepage). Seems that updated the publish date without making major content changes to the page was not sitting well with the auto-population of the latest blogs on the our-blogs section.

I ran a new “test” blog and got it to work, so I just went ahead and made some major changes to the articles I wanted featured prominently on the homepage.

Anyway, take care!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.