FlyDecor theme homepage sections not showing properly

Home Support Themes Forum FlyDecor theme homepage sections not showing properly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James Golding
    Participant

Hi.

I’ve installed the FlyDecor Pro theme and I am trying to set up the homepage sections, but they don’t seem to be showing properly.

The one I have tried so far is the Video section. Within Dashboard > Appearance > Theme Options > Sections > Section 6, I have done the following:

• Set a section background colour
    • Set a background image
    • Added the YouTube video link, with a start time appended to the end
    • Included the resulting shortcode on the homepage, via Dashboard > Pages > Home

Now, the video play button shows and when you click on it, the video plays quite nicely, although it does seem to ignore the start time appended to the URL.

The problem is, the background image is not there. All I have is an empty/white background. Why is this happening, especially when I have set the background image?

I am looking forward to hearing back soon.

Best wishes

James

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

For this we need to check the backend. Please send your site URL and the login details to our support email so we will check and get back to you.

Thank You

James Golding
    Participant

Hi there

Thanks very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I have just emailed you at the support email address, so hopefully you will be able to take a look and let me know what I need to do to get the homepage working properly.

As I say, I can’t get the background image from the video section to display and in addition, I can’t seem to select a background colour for any of the other sections. Hopefully it is something simple for you to help me with.

Best wishes

James

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

We have received your email and we will get back to you.

Thank You

James Golding
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for that. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I’ve noticed now that it has happened in many different instances. Essentially, it happens whenever an image URL needs to be included within short code from your Dashboard > Appearance > Theme Options > Short Code section. I think I can count 5 instances on the Home page and one instance on the About page, so 6 in total.

I copy the image URLs straight from the Media section of the WordPress dashboard, so I am sure they are correct.

Also, when I am making changes on the Dashboard > Appearance > Theme Options > Sections area, for each individual section, it seems to have zero effect on what appears on the homepage, so I am not sure why it is there.

I am really looking forward to your feedback, so I can get this issue corrected.

Best wishes

James

Anonymous
    Inactive

is this problem already fixed? Cause ive got the same issue.

James Golding
    Participant

Yes. We basically worked out that when you input the URL into the shortcode, make sure that it isn’t turned into a link. It needs to remain as the URL only, in text form.

When it is a clickable link within the shortcode, it has been turned into an anchor tag, like so:

<a href="someurl.com">someurl.com</a>

When it is like, this, the shortcode builder cannot recognise it as a URL, so it doesn’t know where to find the image you want to include. Therefore, make sure it is not a clickable anchor tag link, like so:

someurl.com

I hope this helps!

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

That’s correct.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.