Customizations to parent theme not showing up with child theme

Home Support Themes Forum Customizations to parent theme not showing up with child theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I made a lot of customizations to Clovemix Pro. After this I realized I couldn’t make all the customizations I needed to through the theme customization interface. I decided I needed to make a child theme which I have done. I’ve previewed the child theme and things like the logo, slideshow images, font changes and tons of other things I changed are not carried through. It’s a combination of the theme’s default images and styles and layout along with the gallery images that I put in.

I did enqueue all of the CSS files from the parent through the child theme’s functions.php file. I’m afraid to make the child the active theme because I don’t want to lose hours of work I did to the parent.

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Please be careful while creating any customization with the themes our theme has used lots of core programming so customization of the theme may possible break the functionality and the layout too.
    If you want to do any customization or support please mail us at: support@flythemes.net

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry for the confusion. I didn’t mean I customized any code in your themes. I just used the customization portion in the dashboard. Please re-read my post with that in mind. The dashboard customization doesn’t go far enough for me. I can’t change individual header tag sizes, I can’t change link rollover colors. (On a white background the links disappear when rolled over because they turn white) I can’t get rid of that script font that you guys use in some spots.

I’m not getting much help from your documentation. Just a bunch of screenshots of what I already see with with circles around what is obvious. I’m beginning to think I wasted my money.

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

have you mail our support department about this issue ? if no please send your query and what changes do you need in the theme also send the login details on our mail support@flythemes.net.

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t want custom code done by you guys. I just want to make sure I can use a child theme with your theme without losing any customizations I have made through to the theme through your customization section. Can you please just answer that question?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found a solution to my problem. I found a plug-in, Simple Custom CSS, that I am using to override some CSS without having to use a child theme. It doesn’t appear to affect the parent theme in any unexpected way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.