Control of Slider Delay – PreciousLite Pro – Section 8

Home Support Themes Forum Control of Slider Delay – PreciousLite Pro – Section 8

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am trying to increase the delay time between text slides on Section 8 (home page) of Precious Lite Pro, titled “What Clients Said”. (More quotes to come.) Here is the URL:

http://www.trinidadlavender.com/

The client would like to see a longer pause before one slide shifts to the next. Is this a function of CSS, Javascript, or other? I am fairly new to working with code, so I’m seeking a direct solution, such as “copy [this text] onto [this line] of [this document]”.

When inspecting the slider on the home page, the div class shows “testimonials-slider” with a subsequent detail of “transition-duration: 0s”. Is this the item that needs to be adjusted in order to delay the time before shifting to the next slide? If so, which document is this located? I have not been able to find it with a basic ctrl + f. Please advise whether I should take action in this location or another. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Josh

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Open custom.js file from js folder of your theme directory and go to line no. 112 here you can see the testimonial-slider function so you can just add the speed parameter at the end or after autocontrol.

Ex: `jQuery(window).load(function() {
    jQuery(‘.testimonials-slider’).bxSlider({
    slideWidth: 990,
    minSlides: 1,
    maxSlides: 1,
    slideMargin: 32,
    auto: true,
    autoControls: true,
    speed: 500
    });
    });`

Thank You

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you greatly for your reply. The solution you provided had an impact on the slider and I like the effect.

I might have asked the wrong question in my inquiry: how do I cause the slider to double the amount of time that the slide (client’s quote) stays in position before switching to the next slide? The speed parameter that was applied slows down the transition speed of switching to the next slide, but does it didn’t change the amount of time that the slide stays in position. I’m unfamiliar with Javascript so thank you for bearing with me as I try to figure this out.

Also, for proper syntax, should there be a comma after each parameter?

Thank you again.

Josh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.