Cars Pro Theme – Installation failed with php 8.2

Home Support Theme Installation Guide Cars Pro Theme – Installation failed with php 8.2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rico Leutritz
    Participant

Hi Support Team,

I have the cars-pro theme installed on my WordPress 6.2.2. In the last days, I updated my PHP from 7.4 to 8.2.7. Now the WordPress send a mail with following stack trace:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 630 of file #Domain#/wp-content/themes/cars-pro/functions.php. E: Uncaught Error message: Call to undefined function create_function() in #Domain#/wp-content/themes/cars-pro/functions.php:630
    Stack trace:
    #0 #Domain#/wp-settings.php(591): include()
    #1 #Domain#/wp-config.php(116): require_once(‘…’)
    #2 #Domain#/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘…’)
    #3 #Domain#/wp-login.php(12): require(‘…’)
    #4 {main}
    thrown

When I try to reinstall the theme, the error occurs again.

Can you fix this problem? I will launch my website in the next days.

Thanks in advance.
    BR Rico

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Kindly switch back to 7.4 and send site URL and the login details to support@flythemes.net so we can just replace the function. Once we done it you can switch php to latest version and it will work.

Thank You

Rico Leutritz
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I found the error by myself and fix it. Since PHP 8.x the “create_function” was deprecated and no longer available. You use this in your funtions.php on line 630.

add_filter( 'loop_shop_columns', create_function( '$columns','return 3;' ) );

I replace the function like this:

add_filter( 'loop_shop_columns', function($columns){return 3;} );

For other users of your templates, I think it is good to change this to the new version. I find your templates amazing.

BR Rico

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Yes, That’s correct. We are updating.

Thank You

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.