Anchor / hash links

Home Support Themes Forum Anchor / hash links

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    OMAY
    Participant

In the Healing Pro theme I’ve 10 sections that represent ‘a single page’ (based on the demo site).

I made a menu where some of the items are ‘Custom Links’ for anchors in each of the 10 sections.
    Other menu items are for other pages. The pages are working, the anchors in the sections doesn’t work.

I’ve tried both short #links and full URLs to the anchors and neither works.
    I placed the anchors in ‘Section CSS Class’ within each sections. This is maybe not the right way with the Flytheme Healing Pro theme?

Quite odd I experience the same behavior with anchors in Flytheme’s own documentation: https://flydemos.net/docs/healing-doc/#plugin_install_contact
    When clicking ‘Sections’ nothing happens. Same behavior in both Safari and the Brave browser (no content blocker enabled).
    Do I open the URL in a new tab / window it jumps right to the section.

The problem isn’t related to my web browsers as another website with another template works flawless using anchors.

How do I resolve the issue?
    (Login details will not be provided for my website)

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Do you want to add link for each section so when menu clicked it will scroll down to that section?
    Do you want to make single page site?

Thank You

OMAY
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I want to add link for each section so when menu clicked it will scroll down to that section. Preferable smooth scrolling.

I want a combination of ‘single page site’ and multiple pages that I link to from the ‘single page site’.

Thank you for the support.

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

For adding link for sections scroll.

First go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Sections >> Select any section and add section ID in the section field.

For ex: you have added section ID is “services”.

Then go to Appearance >> Menu >> Here you can add custom menu with your website URL followed by the section ID.

For ex: you have added section ID is “services”.

So URL will be like https://www.yourwebsite.com/#services

Thank You

OMAY
    Participant

Hi

First go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Sections >> Select any section and add section ID in the section field.

I don’t see a ‘section’ field.

I see:
    Section Container Class
    Section Sub Title
    Section Title
    Section Text
    Section CSS Class
    Section Content

I tried to use the ‘Section CSS Class’ for the Id as I use it successfully with other themes from other vendors.
    If I hardcode the anchor into the ‘Section Content’ via the text pane it works but of course jumps below the Section Title and Section Sub Title.

What am I doing wrong?

OMAY
    Participant

… and I don’t have a ‘Section ID’ like you have here: https://flythemesdemo.net/documentation/precious-doc/#navigation

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by OMAY.
    FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Please send your site URL and the login details to support@flythemes.net so we can check the backend.

Thank You

OMAY
    Participant

I see that you added the mixing ‘Section ID’ in the theme on my website.
    But now everything else is missing in ‘Sections’.

I need to now how to fix this without you guys to login on my website.

FlyThemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Kindly send us the site URL so we can check.

Thank You

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.